Electrical Administrators, Master Electricians and Electrician, are required to complete 24 hours of continuing education course work in the three (3) years between certification renewals:
- 8 hours of your CEUs must be on currently adopted National Electrical Code changes.
- 4 hours must be on currently adopted Revised Code of Washington (RCW) 19.28 (app.leg.wa.gov) and related Washington Administrative Codes (WAC).
- The remaining 12 hours of continuing education credit can be your choice from the list of approved industry related courses.
License Renewal deadline is prior to the expiration date every three (3) years
Electrical Trainees are required to complete 48 hours basic classroom electrical
continuing education courses in order to renew a training certificate.
- Basic trainee classes for electrical trainees are different from continuing education courses for electricians, electrical administrators, and master electricians.
- First aid, internet, or correspondence-based courses will not be credited toward renewal for trainees.
An electrical trainee certificate must be renewed every two (2) years.